Friday, October 26, 2018

I am Malala- Post #1

This young woman's story is so empowering. It is amazing to see how, even as a (very) young adult, she thinks in such optimistic and feminist ways, even after all she has been through. Her family structure is very interesting, with her two brothers and her parents, who were not supposed to get married. Because her father is empowering and doesn't follow certain ideas or customs gives Malala a benefit. She becomes a target because of her father's actions.
I can see why this book is taught in schools, as it is very empowering. I think Malala's strength to go on and write this book is so admirable. I think she inspires not only girls like her, but anyone who has been "knocked down" and is ready to get back up. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Malala! I have not read her book yet, but I saw her interview on Ellen and she was beyond inspiring. We truly take so many things for granted in this world. Would you recommend this book to anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too. It was one I couldn't put down. I love how she captured the essence of her home life, school, the town. How she traced the changes they felt and then, of course, what that all meant for her. A love of books is a powerful thing!

    ReplyDelete