Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Single Story Video!

Single Story Digital Creation

Well, here it is! I am actually really happy with the finished product. I got to include many of the women I researched or read their works to learn about the single story. A quote that I got from a play called "An Afghan Women" added a really nice touch and added to my video. The quote related to how our worlds are only usually connected through a screen, but in my work and research I got to read these women's stories. I included the "screen" I usually use to show that it is my portal into the world of Middle Eastern women- at least the closest I can get.
I also wrote two poems, the first I began at the beginning of the semester. The poem is made up of questions to show that I did not have any negative opinions towards these women, only questions about the media and stereotypes that had infiltrated my thoughts. The second poem I wrote more recently. I tried to tie in aspects of all of the women I have studied and read their works. They are all so amazing. Simply amazing. And I hope that my video shows how amazing I think they are.

I am also linking this in my flipbook, though I do not know if it will update with the link I sent, or if I have to resend the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment