Friday, December 14, 2018

Blessing in Disguise

Unfortunately the last two books that I was supposed to get through interlibrary loan were missed so I had to act quickly. Apparently they got my email wrong and never notified me when the book was in and by the time I asked about the books they had already been sent back. This was the first time I had used interlibrary loan so I did not know how long I should be waiting for my books. But this may have been for the best.
I had to do something quick as I have barely enough time to finish the project. One of the books I did not want to ready because it seemed more into romance rather than culture and the lives of middle eastern women. I did buy the other book which is filled with a variety of works such as plays, poems, art, fiction and non fiction. Instead of doing two blog posts per novel, I am going to do one blog post because these works are shorter. I am going to have to make up my work, but because I have been doing other research and the other books I had read were very insightful I feel I have a newer and stronger understanding of middle eastern women. Even though this will impact my grade, I think this will actually be more effective for my single story.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the mix-up with ILL. It's worth checking your ILL account once the semester is over so you can use that system with confidence in the future. It can be such a great benefit.

    ReplyDelete