Thursday, August 30, 2018

Goals and Expectations of ENED 250

I hope to be less intimidated by technology and be able to successfully use it with students. I have always seen myself at a disadvantage with technology because I lacked it in my household during my childhood years. I am comfortable with my phone and iPad but not laptops, computers, and anything else that goes along with those, so my main goal is to feel more comfortable using a computer. I also hope that I will gain the skills to use technology in the classroom setting. Throughout my education, I used the least technology in my language classes (English and Spanish), but I hope to change that. I do believe that there is a time and place for technology in the classroom, but I also believe and expect to learn the ways to effectively use it in ways that students will learn and grow like they never have before.  

1 comment:

  1. One thing I hope to learn for myself this semester is how to be comfortable with the discomfort. Tech changes so fast that things that were comfortable and familiar become strange again. Using tech in classrooms is almost always a moving target. I think you can grow into a comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete